Onboarding and Orientation
Prepare for Your Online Learning Experience
As your enrollment start date approaches, each new Centric Learning Academy student is given access to our orientation course. Participation in this course vital to ensuring that new students are able to hit the ground running.
Making the transition to online education does not have to be stressful or difficult. Our onboarding process is designed to be a road map, with all of the necessary tools our new students need to have a rich and positive learning experience from day one.
Students will also learn how to:
- Navigate the Centric learning platform, messaging features, and feedback area
- Start to create a relationship with their Academic Mentor and core subject area teachers
- Seek out projects outside of live class time to work independently on areas of special interest
- Create a personal time management plan to balance schoolwork and outside-of-school activities
- Get acquainted with key webtools and technology to facilitate online learning
Onboarding for Success
Our orientation course is led directly by each student's Academic Mentor, allowing the student-mentor relationship to develop right from the start. Families will also receive a live onboarding session, ensuring that parents and guardians are prepared to provide whatever support the student needs.
Additional meetings with the Academic Mentor can be scheduled at any time during or after the onboarding process. We'll be with you every step of the way.